The Financials Transformation will improve the foundation of Financial Reporting. Workday provides real time reporting with the ability to drill from a summary report into a detailed transaction. In addition, data will be extracted from Workday into the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to provide the financials foundation for reports across systems at Georgia Tech. The reporting goals are:
- Provide clean, up-to-date data needed to perform job roles
- Standardize processes and reports leveraged campus wide
- Improve data security and audit capabilities
- Adapt to the growing needs of the business
Re-thinking the Way Georgia Tech Does Reporting
Workday seamlessly moves from reports into transactions and possesses the ability to make adjustments. Due to this, reporting will largely be accomplished within Workday.
The system is a partner, not a hindrance
Anomalies are identified proactively & real-time instead of through secondary queries
View data aggregately or drill into details, all from the same system in real time
Security is top of mind with built-in auditing and better control over data
The Reporting Ecosystem provides different mechanisms for a user to answer financial questions. Workday Reports will be the first stop for a majority of reporting needs, but as the needs change and get more complex, a user may use Workday Reports, LITE/EDW Reports, or Ad Hoc.
The EDW will be built out to include Financials data. This data warehouse will be the basis of reports that combine data from multiple sources or require more complex functionality.
LITE (www.lite.gatech.edu) is a portal that already provides reporting on Student and HR data. LITE will be the mechanism Financial Reports that sit outside Workday will be deployed.
Workday provides an easy to use interface with the following functionality:
- Auditable workflow, tracking
- Inbox with status and prompting
- Drilldown within the application to investigate detail behind transactions, reports, dashboards.
- Ability to save often entered prompts as filters for screens and/or reports
- Flexibility & Ease of Navigation
Workday reports will contain financials data only and will be released within Workday. These reports will include:
- Real time data
- Controlled report creation authority which enables better management, control and accuracy with less versioning issues
- The system keeps logs, report lineage
Initial Launch Scope
The Program team is committed to delivering the reports needed to support business processes by launch. The launch scope for reporting consists of 100+ Reports including:
- “PEB” Style Report – A report that shows the Award/Grant roll up along with demographics, balance, and ability to drill to detail transactions
- Budget v. Actuals Reports
- Cost Center Summary – Listing of driver worktags along with budget v. actual information
- Driver Summary – Budget v Actual Report by a Driver
- Capital Projects Budget v. Actuals
- Revenue & Expense Reports
- Process/Audit Reports - Ability to review to review transactions in process – Find Expenses, PO’s, Supplier Invoices, etc
- Central Office Processing Reports
Post Launch Governance
The Program Team, along with Enterprise Data Management (EDM), is committed to continue to improve reports post go-live. We will continue to work with the Academic & Research community to identify new requirements and changes to existing reports. We will proactively work to release a schedule of report changes.